If you saw my Santa wish list the other day, you know that I have my eyes on the Wildfox Couture heart jumper. After hours of ogling their website, I had an epiphany: I can make my own!
[SIDENOTE: Since making my wish list just last week, the heart jumper is no longer available on their website...I think this DIY project is FATE :)]
What you need to make a DIY Wildfox Couture Inspired Heart Jumper:
- A white crew neck sweatshirt. I got mine at Target for around $8
- A heart stencil to trace. I just printed out Word’s heart shape as big as it would fit on a sheet of paper and cut this out
- Mod Podge
- Red Glitter
- A container for mixing glitter and glue
- A paint brush
How to make a Wildfox Couture Inspired Heart Jumper:
- With a pencil, lightly trace around the heart stencil in the center of your sweatshirt.
- Mix the red glitter with Mod Podge in a container. There’s no science to this — just make sure the glitter is thick enough to cover the shirt well.
- Put the newspaper inside your sweatshirt. This will prevent the glue from soaking through to the other side.
- Paint the glitter/glue combo on the sweatshirt — stay in the lines! I painted about two coats on my sweatshirt.
- Let your shirt dry overnight or until dry. On thin spots, paint another coat of glitter/glue. Let dry.
- Wear your inexpensive, Wildfox Couture inspired sweatshirt for a sweet date-night look — OR a sassy daytime frock!